Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Nearly" Sizes!


So, right after the holidays this year, I went bra shopping. My experience was quite depressing. For the first time, Victoria's Secret let me down. I did not find ONE bra there that fit me correctly (partly because things had been picked over during their post-holidy sale). I branched out into the rest of the mall, and I started counting how many I tried on; I got up to 27 before I found one I was willing to buy. TWENTY-SEVEN! In the process, I came across a size I had never seen before: a "nearly b" (or an "almost b"). This is marked as "NB" or "AB" on the tag. The funny thing is, I believe I was in Sears when I found this (was getting desperate!). I didn't actually end up buying a NB bra, but I was still impressed to find that this size exists. No one told me!

I looked into it, and there are actually several "in-between" sizes out there (Nearly A, nearly B, nearly C). They're harder to find (the internet proves helpful, but I personally hestitate to buy a bra without trying it on). From my experience at the mall, some of the cheaper department store brands carry those off sizes. I have never seen an in-between size at a Victoria's Secret store, and, after checking their website, it seems they don't carry them at all. One thing Vickie's does do is provide a complimentary sizing to customers. It might be helpful, as many women are not wearing the correct bra size.

Playtex pioneered these in-between sizes with their "Thank Goodness it Fits" line. They can be found online at many department stores.

Do not despair! It may take some time to find, but your size is out there somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I have actually seen those in-between sizes ... probably in those discount-type stores. Anyway, looking forward to the next post :-)

    ReplyDelete