Sunday, March 7, 2010

What to wear???


Ok, I'm not much of a fashion person, but hey, I like to look good sometimes (who doesn't?). I have found it to be very difficult to find things that fit/look good on top. It's quite frustrating to try on things that literally HANG off of me, again and again. But, on occasion, I find that one PERFECT top or PERFECT dress (and I have to buy it... hey, how often do these finds occur?). I was doing some research for writing this blog today, and I kept finding sites addressing how to make your boobs look bigger with clothes. But, what I had wanted to find was what kind of clothes flatter small breasted women. There's a difference... why should I have to make my boobs look bigger than they are? I just want to show that they can look good and be a part of my overall figure (in a good way). SO, here are clothing-types that I have found to flatter my own figure. Again, I'm no expert on fashion, but I certainly do know what I like and why.

Scoop Necks:
-Many people think that small breasted women should not wear tops that have lower necklines (because they say it will only draw attention to what you DON'T have). I say that's total crap. I love to wear scoop neck shirts that come down low enough to just show a little of the perk. And yes, that's what small breasted women have that big breasted women often don't have. Why not show that off? Maybe a plunging neckline will simply show lack of cleavage, but you have to admit that high, firm breasts are something to show off on occasion.

Backless Shirts and Dresses:
-I also love backless shirts and dresses. The reason we small-topped ladies can wear these where others can't is that we don't wear a bra with them. I have this awesome red shirt that looks like a regular women's t-shirt in the front, but just has criss-crossing on the back. I love it. It surprises people, I always get compliments when I wear it, and I catch guys checking me out when I have it on. Backs are sexy too, people. It's all skin. And, I'm not gonna lie, I love to free-boob it on occasion. And I can, so why not? I think a lack of a bra will make a guy look just as often as big boobs in a bra will.

Sleeveless Shirts and Dresses:
-Women who have small breasts often have smaller frames and therefore lean arms. Sleeveless shirts and dresses look great on women with smaller frames. It's also another way to show some skin if you're not feeling confident showing off the ladies.
-Tank tops and dresses that have a little cinching around the bust also flatter small breasts.
-I've also heard that patterned tanks flatter small-breasted women, but the truth is, I prefer solids.

This represents my own opinion based on my own experiences. I'd love to read comments from people who have other opinions about what looks good!

1 comment:

  1. V-necks...especially with a good bra...you can really show off the perkiness that we're blessed with ;) And it's totally true, women with small breasts have leaner frames...i show off my back and arms as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete